There’s this really awesome cooking school/kitchenware store in North Beverly called Eurostoves. I recently went for a team-building exercise and our group put together a full turkey dinner for Thanksgiving in October.
We learned lots of tips to take the hassle out of the turkey day dinner – like make-ahead dishes to reduce the stress and just enjoy your wacky family. Recipes from the class included:
- Turkey Brining and Apple Cider Gravy
- Apple Celery and Smoked Ham Dressing
- Mashed Potatoes with Sage and Cheddar
- Marmalade Cinnamon Cranberry
- Herbed Butternut Bisque (Almost like a dessert soup!)
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Citrus and Coriander
- Creamed Mushrooms, Onions and Brussels Sprouts (OMG! This is how you get kids to eat brussel sprouts!!)
- Garlic Roasted Green Beans with Caramelized Onions
- Goat Cheese Toasts
- Potato Broccoli Croquettes (See recipe below)
- Autumn Trifle
Wishing you and your family a safe holiday!
A turkey cupcake from Milwaukee Cupcake Company. A yellow cake bottom with colored frosting makes the holiday fun. They also have “The Thanksgiving,” a sweet potato cake with maple syrup buttercream frosting and topped with a toasted marshmallow. Or, the “Pumpkin Spice Latte,” a pumpkin cupcake with pumpkin spiced buttercream frosting and topped with a piece of pie crust and a hint of nutmeg.
P.S. Sorry the photo’s a bit blurry. In a bit of a hurry to eat this little guy!